Apparently back in March 2013 or so Google changed up their whole online Picasa deal and didn’t include the option to embed a gallery slideshow on other sites. And now all your Picasa albums forward over to Google Plus pages. Super dumb, yeah?
I was trying to find a way to do so for a photo gallery inside the VIP Members Area of my artist site. After some digging, here’s what I came up with.
What You’ll Learn
- The “back door” into the old Picasa
- Your quick 4-step process to getting the embed code for your Picasa gallery.
There’s a back door way to sneak back into the old Picasa. Use this URL: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos?noredirect=1
That turns off the redirect to Google+ and you only need to click it once. Your browser will remember after that.
Once inside Picasa, follow these steps:
1. Click on the album you want to embed
2. On the right side, click “Link to this album” then “Embed Slideshow”
3. That will kick up a little popup with some parameters you can set any way you like.
4. Copy the code and paste is wherever you want it.
And voila! A nifty little slideshow like the one below.